Data protection: Your entitlement - our duty
(as of May 2018)
You may rely on us to protect and secure your personal information. Safeguarding your privacy when we process such personal information is our important concern, one we consider in all of our business practices. We therefore wish to explain here the basics of the way we handle personal information.
1. Information that we collect
Personal data refers to all information regarding the personal and factual circumstances of a particular or identifiable natural person. Your personal data therefore includes all data that contain information about your personal or factual circumstances and that permit the identification of yourself, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or the IP address of your device.
We operate our Internet activities in accordance with the respective data protection and data security laws and process your data only to the extent permitted by law. We use this information exclusively to improve the attractiveness and usability of our websites as well as their content and functionality, to identify potential technical problems in our website and to ensure its security. For details, please refer to the following notes.
2. Contact form
The contact form provided on this website allows you to contact us directly. Data that you provide us with this form are handled exclusively for the processing of your particular specific concern. However, to process your request, it may be necessary to submit your personal information to affiliated companies within the RGM Group. These companies are obliged by us to exercise the same care when handling personal data.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us takes place in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 a) GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily granted consent by using the form.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted after the request has been made.
3. Collection and storage of personal data and nature and purpose of their use
You can access our websites anonymously, without giving any personal information, and access information contained therein. When accessing the browser, the following information is automatically sent to the server of our website, stored in a so-called log file and saved until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
According to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interest), this data processing takes place to ensure a smooth connection setup and a comfortable use of our website, for the evaluation of system security and stability as well as for further administrative purposes. In no case collected data are used for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
4. Disclosure of data
A transmission of your personal data to third parties does not take place, unless
- you gave your explicit consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in not disclosing your data,
- A legal obligation for transfer exists according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c GDPR.
In the cookie information is stored, each connected with the terminal used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to improve usability. These save certain default settings which are available to you on your next visit to the website. Such cookies are automatically deleted after a certain period of time.
The data processed by cookies are for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as the interests of third parties according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR required.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can always delete cookies in the security settings of your browser. In addition, you can set your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or in a way that a hint appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you can not use all features of our website.
6. Analysis Tool
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we want to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
In no case the IP address will be associated with any other data concerning the user. The IP addresses are shortened before being stored and thus anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
Your visit to this website is currently being recorded by Matomo web analysis. Click here (https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/) to discontinue your recording. A Matomo deactivation cookie will be stored in your browser.
Information from the third-party provider Matomo on privacy can be found at https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
7. Protecting the privacy of children on the Internet
Protecting children using the internet is our special concern. Therefore, we advise all parents and supervisor to explain to their children how to handle personal information on the internet safely and responsibly.
Without the express agreement of parents or guardians, children should not give us any personal information.
8. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us, in accordance with art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can provide information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to appeal, the source of their data, if not collected from us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- to demand the completion or the correction of incorrect personal data stored by us immediately, in accordance with art. 16 GDPR;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, in accordance with art. 17 GDPR, except where the processing is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need this to assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- to obtain your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible, in accordance with art. 20 GDPR;
- to revoke your once granted consent against us at any time, in accordance with art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR to file an objection to the processing of your personal data, provided that your personal data are based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR are processed and there are grounds for a contradiction that arise from your particular situation or that the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
- to complain with a supervisory authority, in accordance with art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters.
9. Data security
We use the popular SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) during the site visit, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we'll use 128-bit v3 technology instead. In the case that a single page of our website is shown in an encrypted form, you will recognize it by the representation of a key or locked icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
Personal data that is exchanged between you and us via our homepage is always transmitted via secure connections which correspond to the current state of the art. In addition, we take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction as well as against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments and organizational opportunities.
10. Links and references to other websites
12. Data protection officer, asserting your rights
If you have any questions about data protection or about the assertion of your rights described above, please send an email to datenschutz(at)rgm.de .
13. Responsible person
RGM Holding GmbH
Telephone +49 231 98 70 87-0
Fax +49 231 98 70 87-282